Moore Supply Company
Career Opportunities
Contact Us
Find A Vendor:
We represent the highest quality products in the industry.

spacer History

1912 - Ray T. Craft and L. C. Rushworth, having been associated as partners since 1908, incorporated their contracting business in Lake Charles, Louisiana, under the name Craft-Rushworth, Ltd. 
1921 - Rushworth moves to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to supervise plumbing and mechanical work on the Baton Rouge Junior High School. This job represents the firm’s largest undertaking to date. 
1927 - Sam L. Levingston joins the firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, as the supply business begins to take shape. The contracting work is gradually phased out in the Baton Rouge area, and the emphasis is placed on supplying plumbing and mechanical products. 
1929 - Levingston, Craft, and Rushworth organize a new business in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, under the name Levingston Supply Company, Inc. Craft-Rushworth, Ltd., continues contracting in the Lake Charles, Louisiana, area. 
1943 - Ray Craft, one of the original partners, dies in Lake Charles, Louisiana. 
1945 - The companies successfully navigate through World War II, despite severe material and labor shortages. 
1953 - A. Lavoy Moore establishes the first location of the Moore Supply Company in Conroe, Texas. 
1960 - The second founding partner, L. C. Rushworth, Sr., dies and is succeeded as president of both Craft-Rushworth, Ltd., and Levingston Supply Company, Inc., by his son, L. C. Rushworth, Jr. 

1961 - Rushworth’s son-in-law, J. D. Lyle, assumes active management of Craft-Rushworth, Ltd. The business has now made the transition from contracting to supply, but is still separately incorporated. 
1967 - The management and operations of Levingston Supply Company, Inc., and Craft-Rushworth, Ltd. begin a process toward merger. 

1970 - Levingston Supply Company, Inc. is merged into Craft-Rushworth, Ltd., and the name of the surviving firm is changed to LCR Corporation. The new name is derived from combining the first letter of the last name of the three original partners.  J. D. Lyle is president of the combined companies. 
1973 - The last of the original partners, Sam Levingston, having been retired for several years, dies in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
1994 - By acquiring existing businesses and establishing new locations, Moore Supply Company and LCR Corporation grow as independent corporations.
1995 - LCR Corporation becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Edmundson International, Inc. (EII). 

1996 - Moore Supply Company of Conroe, Texas, merges with LCR Corporation of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The combined companies have 43 traditional plumbing supply businesses in four states. 

1997 - The surviving corporate entity is renamed LCR-M Corporation. The new name is derived from combining the first letter of the last name of the three original partners and the first letter of the last name of the founder of Moore Supply Company, A. Lavoy Moore. The new corporation begins operating as three Divisions: Moore Supply Company, The Plumbing Warehouse/LCR, and Your "Other" Warehouse. 
2000 - LCR-M Corporation's 52 traditional profit centers and sister company, Hajoca Corporation's 205 traditional profit centers together provide outstanding service to their customers and suppliers, as well as career and financial opportunities to their associates. 
2001 - The Your “Other” Warehouse Division is sold to Home Depot, which allows LCR-M Corporationto return the concentration of its resources to its traditional plumbing supply business. The founder of Moore Supply Company, A. Lavoy Moore, dies. 
2002 - For tax purposes, the operating assets of LCR-M Corporation are sold to
LCR-M Limited Partnership; and as a L.P., the Company continues to operate 51 traditional plumbing supply businesses in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas.